Friday, November 6, 2009

My 8 hour day lasted 5 minutes. I swear.

I got slammed today. Oh. My. God. Worst day to work the front section EVER. From like 8:30 a.m. to like 11 a.m. my section was full. Constant turnover, demanding customers (cranky bikers, anyone?), and my memory being completely shot. I'd walk by a table like, three times before I'd finally serve them coffee. Its like being blind, but stupider.

On the bright side, I made out like a bandit on tips. I got excellent tips today, and I'm not sure why. I felt like my service sucked. I was running on fumes come noon.

Oh, on the subject of tips, apparently sucky coworker was getting diddly squat on tips today, and around lunch decided to invade my section. She look... 3 of my customers from the front section instead of *gasp* taking the counter, which is HER section! She told me she had nothing all day, and then neglected the counter for like, 2 hours. One guy was sitting very patiently for a half-hour before I decided to serve the poor dude. I got tipped $6 for it, too. Maybe if she actually did her job instead of sitting around chowing down on full plates of food and idly stirring her coffee, she'd make some goddamn tips.

I also found out that after I left yesterday, our little short order cook (omg she's so adorable) had to serve two of sucky coworker's customers because she was in the back shooting the breeze with our boss about something that didn't have to do with working. Sucky coworker took the tip when they left, when she hadn't done shit for them. I'm starting to watch my tables more carefully, now. Its getting ridiculous. She LOVES to 'help' me clean off tables. And do my sidework. Its like she expects me to tip her for it. I don't know how much longer she's going to last. I mean, we're desperate for a good waitress, but she's such a bitch I don't think any of us are going to deal with her much longer. 

I told our oldest waitress, role-model, about all of this. She set the platter down that was in her hands, looked me straight in the eye, and told me "Hun, you have seniority here. You need to tell her to back off. That's your section, not hers."

I think I'm going to take her advice if this keeps happening. I missed out on another $20 or so in tips because of her. Goddamnit.

Oh. Sexual Harassment Panda came in today, but for once, he was behaving. I bet he figured out he wasn't getting his side of waitress between the sheets, ever. 

Ah well. I have the weekend off. Huzzah.

1 comment:

  1. Epic. Win.
    Also, your co-worker is a total bitch that should be burned at the stake.
    I hate me a thief. You know this.
    So, from one server to another, keep yer chin up, and an eye on yer tables. You just might find that the customers will show you much love.

    Yours Truly,

    JJ

    ReplyDelete