Thursday, November 5, 2009

French Fries, I smell like them.

And so does everything else I happen to bring with me when I go to work. And most of my laundry. Now it makes sense as to why I'm hungry after a shift.

I worked 8 1/2 hours today with only the occasional 5-6 minutes to sit and roll silverware. I have to say, its not as bad as it seems, now that I have the whole "foot pain is all in my head" thing down pat. 

The past week has been rather dead, customer-wise. We've had parties, but all the farmers (like 50% of our customer base) are out fighting the elements to try to bring their crops in before they mold out in the fields or snow starts pouring down from the heavens. Which will probably be soon. Fucking weather.

On the up-side, Sexual Harassment Panda hasn't been in. No offers for relations with a man eligible for AARP, no crappy tips for two hours of endless coffee refills. It's rather nice, when I think about it. But I do miss the majority of the opening crowd. Its much too dead at 5 a.m. to justify me coming in at such an ungodly hour (which I get to do again tomorrow, yay!)

There's one thing I'm starting to get sick of, though. New coworker. Not only does she pad her tip amounts by wearing the lowest cut shirt she can manage, she keeps trying to poach my customers. See, when you work the back section, which is smaller; you get the front counter. By lunch, she was bitching that she wasn't getting a lot of tips (which happens. Deal with it.), and kept taking people at the counter, to the point where I had to swoop in to take orders when she had her back turned. She took at least four of my customers TODAY, and I have a feeling she took my tip from an 6-top a few days ago. In fact, I know 100% she's tried to snatch another coworker's tips before, and she isn't allowed to work the register (making more work for me, damnit) because of it. Yeah. Fun.

So I've got 8 more hours of work before my week is over, and I (think) I get paid friday! hooray! Ugh I need money ;-;

1 comment:

  1. Get evidence, report the co-worker, and have her ass FIRED. I'm sure she's violating MANY rules. Just a lil' friendly advice.

    Have Fun,

    JJ

    ReplyDelete