Saturday, September 25, 2010

No longer waitressing. Sigh.

Okay, so I'm no longer waitressing! I've moved on to bigger and better things! Yeah!

Okay, so maybe not 'better'. Depends on what you define 'better' as, really.

I get benefits at my new job, double the hours, and PAID BREAKS. You have NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE MY BREAKS. And I get my own cubicle!

But I will admit, I miss my old customers. I just went in for breakfast at the restaurant today, and everyone I had ever served and gotten to know was waving to me and smiling and talking to me. And I kind of miss them. They're all hard working guys with a sweet disposition and a great sense of humor (and they tipped pretty good!). 

Now I sit in a cubicle with a headset on, dealing with whiny people on the phone. Sometimes I'll get the sweethearts on the phone, but there's definitely a wonderful thing about getting someone who knows you by name and says hello to you every day.

Oh well. It's a fairly even trade. 

1 comment: